mardi 18 janvier 2022

I have this saying, "People before principles." What that means is that principles are very important, but in our lives, people are even more important. So if you disagree with a person on some principle and hate that person for it, I see where you're coming from, but I think you're putting principles before people, which to me is wrong.

I teach math and code and other kinds of knowledge and expression. Believe me, I thoroughly enjoy and value principles.

That includes ethical and moral principles.

One of those is "People before principles." I'm not sure where it came from. I think I heard it somewhere.

And you can break that principle, and I will still follow it and put you before the principle. But that doesn't mean abandoning the principle, in this case, because by putting you before a principle, I'm still following the principle. But I'd break a principle if it would save your life, for example.